It’s turning into One Of Those Days.
We had plans. Plans to Leave The House. We were even going to meet up with real people and play.
Instead, we’ve made a return to Snotland.
On top of that, I found Alpha in Zulu’s cot 45 minutes after I put Zulu down for a nap. Nap over, baby not rested. Mummy not impressed.
Then Alpha showed me how much I need to lift my game in the child proofing department by handing me a spanner and a
mini flamethrowercandle lighter. After I padlocked the toolbox, he promptly jammed his fingers underneath.
So we’re off to a brilliant start, really. The dust has settled a bit, so I thought I’d share some more observations on having sick kids (because it’s more productive than pulling my hair out one strand at a time).
– don’t make plans to leave the house when your kids are sick. You know you’ll just have to cancel them, so why bother? Stay home in your pjs.
– don’t attempt to introduce weetbix to a sick, snotty baby. Just don’t.
– if you ignore my sage advice above, remember that weetbix is an appropriate substitute for concrete and must be rinsed of all surfaces immediately.
– ‘all surfaces’ includes the baby’s face.
– if you decide halfway through to switch to pouch food (because you think you have a chance of it being eaten), don’t select one with blueberry in it – unless you want to see just how far the droplets of your child’s snot goes when they sneeze.
– bibs are useless when your child is sick. Just stick it all in napisan and be done with it.
– some days there just isn’t enough coffee.
– frozen milk in your coffee an affogato doesn’t make.
– my new best friend Frida is nowhere near as gross as you’d think.
– Glen20. Hand sanitiser. Tissues. You can never have enough.
– actually, don’t even bother with the tissues – your baby will only consider your sleeve as an appropriate receptacle for his beloved snot snakes. Your face is also acceptable.
– if you run out of ideas for new games/tolerance for ABC2, there are hundreds of blogs with ideas for games. One of my favourites is Toddler Approved. I found the inspiration for these soft drink bottle skittles there and they’ve been a real hit today.
That’s it for now…anyway, I’m trying my best to remember that every cloud has a silver lining.
It’s just that today that lining is snot.